→ : how to get rid of bags underneath your eyes - By Kwailh
Get enough sleep, whether its getting a good nights sleep or if you don’t get very long sleeps at night taking power naps during the day.
Cucumber, cold teabags, or even damp cotton pads, lay them across each eye, let the coolness sink into your skin and within 10 minutes your bags will have…
(Source: kwailh, via )
water with lemons!
Lemons are packed with natural vitamins and minerals that are key to your inner and outer beauty regime as well as your general health.
Here are three reasons why you should pair hot/cold water with lemons ladies:
- It’s a natural energizer! It hydrates and oxygenates the body so it feels revitalized and refreshed.
- It’s cleansing. According to NaturalNews.com, the citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.
- It aids in digestion. Not only will this killer combination relive indigestion, it will also help flush you out.
→ kwailh: superfood secrets of a supermodel
Miranda Kerr shares her must haves in her shopping trolly.
Liquid chlorophyll - “I add this to water most days, It is naturally alkaline and contains vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Organic coconut palm sugar - “This is a great substitute for regular white sugar, as it’s low-GI.”
Maca root powder - “Rich in amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements, it’s great to mix into smoothies, yoghurt, cereal, oatmeal or muesli.”
Tamari almonds - “I rarely leave the house without a small bag of these. They’re the perfect snack while I am on the road and I can never get enough.”
Noni juice - “This is my worst-kept beauty secret. I drink it daily and noni extract is part of my Kora Organics range. It aids the immune system because of the number of vitamins and minerals it contains.”
Raw dark chocolate - “This is my weakness. It’s rich in antioxidants though, and I’m happy to remind myself of that!”
Cacoa powder - ”This is one of the best sources of muscle-relaxing, stress-relieving magnesium. I often use cacao powder in shakes.”
Acai berry powder - ”I sprinkle it on my porridge, gluten-free cereal or smoothie.”
Goji berries - ”A great snack between meals, goji berries are rich in antioxidants and are said to have more vitamin C than oranges.”
Wakame seaweed - ”I snack on [dulse leaf] and wakame seaweeds throughout the day and also put wakame in soups as it is nutritious and tasty.” Seaweed is rich in omega-3, iron and calcium and the red dulse variety is also very high in protein
(Source: bodyandsoul.com.au, via )
tips on losing weight,
1. stop counting calories-you focus on the umber rather than what you’re actually putting in your body.
2. don’t skip meals- you will end up over eating later, and it will slow your metabolism down.
3. make sure snacks don’t turn into meals- they should be about 150 calories, healthy with protein or fiber.
4. eat the veggies first- you fill up faster and eat fewer calories..so take the salad!
5. set small goals- big goals always fail and then your miserable, but smaller goals are easier to achieve and when you accomplish it you’ll want to accomplish more.
6. do the right cardio- interval training is the best way bc the harder you work the more calories you burn even during the less intense levels since your heart rate doesn’t have time to drop down.
7. strength training- toning is the key cb the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism gets so you’ll always burn more calories.
8. watch what you drink- the drinks add up believe it or not..stick to water or seltzer as much as possible, but drinks like green tea can help too.
9. don’t eat too low of fat- your body will be deprived of it and nothing will satisfy you hunger. plus it helps absorb the nutrients more.
10. get at least seven and a half hours of sleep- when you’re tired you don’t make healthy decisions, and rest allows your body’s appetite and satiety hormones to work the way they should so you feel less hungry.
→ things that will make you happy.
- Take a long hot bath or shower.The hot water will relax your muscles and relieve tension. When you go into the bathroom, leave all your worries outside the door. Take a break from everything for a while. If you add bubbles or fragrant oils like lavender or chamomile it will help to relax you further. Take your favourite book with you and just chill out.
- Step outside. Go for a little strole, the fresh air and outside noise will do wonders. Go for a quiet walk around the block in your ug boots, maybe take something with you like a hot mug of tea or some fruit. Take notice of flowers, birds, cats and trees.
- Keep hydrated. If you’re not drinking enough water throughout the day you will feel more worn out and tired. Read my water health post for more info.
- Tidy your room! I know, I sound like your mother don’t I? But once you actually start doing a little bit it’s not that bad. And research shows that most people feel much happier in a tidy room. “Tidy room, tidy mind.” -My very wise mother.
- Eat something healthy. Fresh fruit is amazing, and after you eat it you feel good, and healthy. It’s juicy and sweet, so will have a similar effect on your brain that chocolate or sweets do, but without the harmful ingredients.
- Eat something not so healthy. All in moderation! Go out to a cafe and get a hot drink and some kind of baking. Take with you a sketch book or a writing pad, and just create something. It’s productive and fun, and plus it will make you look totally cool.
- Indulge in some retail therapy! I think we don’t need any more convincing on this one. But look around for some sales and really good value for money, this way you won’t feel so guilty!
- Get that awful homework out of the way. Yes, that assignment you’ve been dreading. Just do it, and then it’s done! Easy as pie. I always find that actually doing the study is much more fun then stressing over not doing the study, and once it’s done you’ll be proud and relieved. Even if you just start it, that’s something.
- Do something nice for someone. Even if it’s picking a few flowers from the garden for your mum, or helping a friend who needs some advice. Making other people happy will reflect back onto you too.
- Do something nice for yourself. Take some time out of each day to do something you enjoy doing.
- Smile! Smiling in general even if you don’t feel like it will actually boost your mood anyway. And smiling at others and being cheerful will not only cheer you up, but it’ll make them smile too. (Which makes you smile even more.)
- Buy a new book. Whether it’s a traditional crime drama, cheesy romance, self help, educational, biography, girlie magazine, it’ll cheer you up and distract you.
- Get some exercise! This is actually one of the best things you can do to make yourself happy. It doesn’t matter if it’s playing sports with family or friends, swimming at the beach, going for a bike ride around a nice local trail, or going for a full on jog. Here’s a post I made on how to motivate yourself to run. Exercise is proven to help your mood a lot. It releases tons of endorphins, which make you feel really happy. It will give you more energy, you’ll feel better physically, you’ll sleep better at night, and it just helps your whole body in general.
- Eat some chocolate! Yaay! (yes, I’m giving you an excuse to eat chocolate.) Chocolate also releases endorphins, and just the taste alone is enough to make me content. If you’re concerned about eating something like chocolate, try some good quality dark chocolate (70%+ cocoa). It’s actually good for you, and while it still contains sugar, the way the ingredients react to your body leaves you feeling satisfied after a few pieces, not the whole block.
- Rent a good film. It only costs a few dollars, and that pared with some home made popcorn and snacks makes for a mighty fine evening, whether you’re chilling out in solitude or cuddling up with friends or family.
- Paint your nails or do some girlie grooming! Any kind of beauty process makes lots of girls happy. Go for a natural face mask, (you can make them yourself at home too) Get a good hair cut, go tanning, file your nails, anything which makes you feel better about yourself :)
healthy hair tips
healthy hair makes life easier on you. it’s shiny, easier to style, better looking, smoother, ect..here are some easy tips that i’ve discovered-
1. try adding no/little heat as much as possible. if you have to, apply it with a heat protectant especially if you are curling your hair bc it is sitting in the hot surface for a long time.
2. the natural oils in your hair have a hard time reaching the ends therefore resulting into dry brittle ends..just add some moroccan or macadamia oil sparingly with your hands and your hair will instantly look/feel better!
3. in the shower, do a deep conditioner (straight hair use/do it less than curly hair to reduce excess grease). i’ve used aussie and macadamia, both really good! also alternate with different shampoos and conditioners bc after a while your hair will become immune to the product.
4. invest in quality products. it may be more costly at first, but it’s worth it in the end bc your hair will look nicer and you won’t go through as much products. higher quality straighteners/curling irons/ blow dryers will be better for your hair bc they get hotter and a made with nicer materials. other products as well, like serums, musses, gels, sprays will be more beneficial if the brand is of higher quality.
5. avoid brushing your hair with a paddle brush (especially after you shoer) bc that breaks off your ends. instead use a wide tooth comb!
6. try not to dye you hair too often, especially bleaching it. these contain chemicals that damage your hair.
7. don’t wear pony tails/buns too often bc the band can crease your hair and after a while it will start breaking at that point. mainly sleep with your hair down. scrunchies are better for your hair bc they aren’t as tight.
8. if your in the sun a lot, it can be considered a form of heat and can damage your hair. many products can help protect the suns heat along with other forms of heat. this would be great for the beach.
9. don’t wash your hair everyday bc the natural oils help protect your hair and help it grow. washing it is washing away these important oils. if you wash it bc it gets greasy easily try not to touch it constantly, and wash you pillow cases often.
10. get regular trims! yes, a lot of people want their hair t grow, but when your hair isn’t healthy the growth process is slower and your hair doesn’t look as polished.
green tea for weight loss - by kwailh
green tea may help weight loss! it can speed up your metabolism and also give you less of a appetite. Don’t be fooled though green tea will not make you shed weight by its self, use it as a side to your fitness routine, diet and what not. But be careful because more than 5 cups a day may lead to caffeine-related side effects such as head aches, nervousness, sleeping problems and more.
some random winter/holiday time tips
static hair: i heard if you rub a dime sized amount of aloe vera through your hair it will tame it and add nutrients to help keep it healthy..apparently dryer sheets work wonders too
dry skin/hair: bc of going from cold to hot so often, your skin on your body and face might be dry as well as your hair. use a lot of moisturizers and lotions, especially after you have showered which locks in the moisture. as for our hair apply oils like moroccan oil or macadamia oils to the ends of you hair bc your nature oils have a hard time reaching your ends.
chapped lips: chapstick, lip balm, ect is your best friend, simple as that. i am constantly applying chapstick throughout the day. burt’s bees is my all time favorite
diet problems: holiday’s are coming so that means lots of treats..just remember portion control and don’t be afraid to say no. drink a lot of water and green tea to help keep your skin moisturized and clear. fruit will also help with that and is a great thing to snack on like always.
stress: even though it’s a time of laughter and people are getting off of school/work..things can get hectic bc of traffic, holiday shopping, cooking/baking, extra assignments, constantly running around..but a simple way to relax is getting enough sleep. it will get you ready for the day ahead so your not tired. also try nice smelling candles and lotions to sooth your mind. and take a break every once in a while, space out your errands, and watch some christmas movies!